Mermaid Engraved Scrimshaw Bone Stamp Box
We realize mermaids and pirates may seem a little odd even for us, but since we got our start in the Steampunk community it actually makes perfect sense.
This is a replica of a traditional Stamp Box. The world's first postage stamp was issued in Great Britain in 1840. In those days, sending a letter was something special, and stamps were expensive, so special boxes like this were created to hold them.
- Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable, sturdy wood-composite base.
- Compact size: 6½" x 2¼" x 1¼"
- Tapered-cut hinged lid
- Slight ox bone color variations enhance the beauty and individuality of each box so that no two bone boxes are alike.
- Green felt-lined interior
- Antiqued brass hinges and front clasp
- Engraved in USA